Raise your hand if you love an easy and nutritious meal that also makes good leftovers! Me too! Beef chili has quickly made its way up my favorite list of meals. I also love any recipe that I can put in the slow cooker and forget about until dinner time. Ground beef to me is so versatile and the perfect ingredient to use in so many different dishes. I prefer a slightly leaner ground beef for my recipes (80/20 is perfect to me) so I still get all the juiciness but without too much fat.
Slow Cooker Beef Chili
- 1 packet of Chili Seasoning (my favorite is the Pioneer Brand, gluten free <even though I do not have to have gluten free, I just really like this seasoning)
- 1 pound Ground Beef, cooked and drained
- 1 16 oz. can of Dark Red Kidney Beans
- 1 16 oz. can of Light Red Kidney Beans
- 1 15 oz. can of Tomato Sauce
- Add water for consistency (I usually do half a can or so)
I add all of the above ingredients into my slow cooker and cook on low for 5-6 hours. For toppings, I usually add sharp cheddar cheese and sour cream. You can also enjoy this chili with saltine crackers or in a baked potato!
Slow Cooker Tip- If you have not heard of slow cooker liners, they are a game changer! I use a liner every time I use a slow cooker because there is no mess involved.